Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Friday, August 30, 2013

Cherry (1953). Some Experiments on the Recognition of Speech, with One and with Two Ears.

In the sea of stimuli, real or not, what might have influences on what I attend to?  

http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/papers/Cherry53-cpe.pdf

Cherry, Edward Colin. (1953). Some Experiments on the Recognition of Speech, with One and with Two Ears. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 25(5), 975-979.  

"How do we recognize what one person is saying when the others are speaking at the same time (the cocktail party problem)?"

I did have big time problem focusing what people were saying when my voices and delusional thoughts were running wild!  When the time is really bad, the person speaking to me would be talking to me in real life and telepathically communicate with me as well.  How do I then separate the source?  An interesting question.


No comments:

Post a Comment