Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Morris, Griffiths, Le Pelley, & Weickert (2013) Attention to irrelevant cues is related to positive symptoms in schizophrenia

Morris, R., Griffiths, O., Le Pelley, M. E. & Weickert, T. W. (2013) Attention to irrelevant cues is related to positive symptoms in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 39(3), 575-582.

"suggests normal selective learning can occur in schizophrenia under easier task conditions."

So say the experts... thank God... it's possible for me to learn...

"those with more severe positive symptoms failed to ignore the nonpredictive cues, suggesting the bias also varies with the severity of positive symptoms."

Let me tell you... when symptoms are really bad... all the irrelevant are relevant and like how the song goes... can't take my eyes off from you... (no switching allowed almost)



"The failure of these patients to distinguish between previously predictive and nonpredictive cues results in the formation of abnormal causal associations and suggests this deficit may be critical in the formation and experience of psychotic symptoms."

I would like to say that I would definitely second this notion except... who gives a rat's ass about my endorsement? (Especially not this paranoid delusional with grandiosity. 8-O lol 8-X)

Finally done with this iteration of lit review... 

No comments:

Post a Comment