Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Carruthers (2008). An architecture for dual reasoning.

Good thing that I came across this article after my psychotic model was edited by copyeditors 3 times. 8-X
I love how Dr. Carruthers had it put ....


Carruthers, P. (2008). An architecture for dual reasoning. In J. Evans & K. Frankish (Eds.), In Two Minds: Dual Processes and Beyond: Oxford University Press.

"I ... [have provided] a defense of one sort of dual systems theory. I have shown that there are good reasons for thinking that System 2 is realized in cycles of operation of System 1, utilizing mechanisms and processes that we have independent reason to believe in. The resulting account of System 2 is action-based, since it is activations and mental rehearsals of action schemata that initiate and sustain its operations." (p. 124)

No comments:

Post a Comment