Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Convert partial eta squared to eta squared?

I went on a mission trying to figure out how I might be able to convert partial eta squared reported in SPSS to eta squared (thank God that my professors are 12 hour time difference away 8-X lol).

Thank God, the pursuit got cut short after I came across the linked article.

There is no way to convert partial eta squared to eta squared.  You have to go back to calculate the sum of squared total.

eta squared=SSeffect/SStotal

Partial eta squared=SSeffect/(SSeffect+SStotal)

Hope this helps.

http://yatani.jp/HCIstats/ANOVA

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who wants eta squared instead of partial eta squared, use JASP : https://jasp-stats.org/ - You can select in additional options estimates of effect size,and these include eta squared. the programme is free and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete