Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sample size Statistical Rules of Thumb

Been working with this dataset... since t-test is pretty robust and should be good enough to handle n=10, I've working with t-test with not to much hesitation.

Than, there came to the time when the sample size went down to 8 and 9, I am sort of nervous... thus... on a mission in search of the rule of thumb for the sample size...


http://library.athabascau.ca/drr/HADM%20499/Vanvoorhis%202001%20Statistical.pdf

Regardless, after recalculating the data I was working on, results of the Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test didn't differ too much from those of the paired-sample t-tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment