Disclaimer: English Kinda Thing

The sole purpose of the "English Kinda Thing" is to document my attempts to correct my own mistakes in standard English usage and to share the resources I find. In no way do I attempt to teach nobody English through these blurbs--just as I intend not to teach nobody to be a neurotic and psychotic handicap in Ratology Reloaded or Down with Meds! :-)

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Munetz, M.R., M.R. Munetz, and C.L. Cornes, Distinguishing Akathisia and Tardive Dyskinesia

It's interesting to learn that the experts were having problem distinguishing Akathisia and Tardive Dyskinesia although the article was published 30 years ago.

It's an article providing interesting ways to see whether I have both though.

Munetz, M.R., M.R. Munetz, and C.L. Cornes, Distinguishing Akathisia and Tardive Dyskinesia. Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 1983. 3(6): p. 343-350.

Distinguishing the two
1. Subjective distress
2. voluntary nature of the movement:
3. Onset of disorder
4. Location and signs of symptom
5. the presence of other extrapyamidial symptoms
6. Pharmacological response

After I start to take Abilify, it's getting me the same side effect as Risperdal ... Akathisia .... What does it mean? I have to my lower limps constantly to get rid of bodily discomfort so as to get these mumble jumbles typed out.

What about Tardive Dyskinesia? Remember my esophageal spasm? My doctor than suspected that it was a manifestation of Tardive Dyskinethia and it eventually went away after the dosage went down. At the same time, I suspect it's more TD like if I am to us "voluntary nature" as a criteria to classify the following bodily movement: the body curved up like a shrimp with knees rolling up to my chest on its own 1-2 hours after I took high dosage of Seroquel before bed time and woke me up (not to mention the sense of rigidity I have to endure).



No comments:

Post a Comment